Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > On Board > Gear & Maintenance
 Not a Member? 
Old 01-13-2010

caribwind is on a distinguished road
Well, having just made the leap of buying (just yesterday) a Sailrite professional long arm (four stitch zig-zag) to replace my Bernina 217N I hope I have made the right decision.
I mostly do windsurfing sail repair, kite repair and canvas work but living in the lower Caribbean I am hoping my new purchase is as faithfull as the Bernina 217n and my Consew 146RB-1A have been. Being that I live down island it won't be easy to get service and I will have to do most of it myself.
I searched for a long time on the internet for a long arm machine to suit my needs and came up with the sailrite-they seem to offer good support.
I considered the Consew 146RBL-3A but the dealer was not easy to deal with-wanted payment before ordering the machine and it was going to take weeks to get-Sailrite had one in stock and shipped immediately and have great customer service.
Anyone out there have this machine and some feedback (altho its now a done deal)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-13-2010

memelet is on a distinguished road
I agree with Sam: I have the LZ-1 and it is simply superb.
Old 01-14-2010
SV Déjàlà

braidmike is on a distinguished road
We also have the LZ-1 and have been very happy with the performance. All the sunbrella on the boat has been done with the machine, as well as resstitching the jib (a very large job that took two of us to manage on an apartment floor). Seems that sewing machines bring many strong feelings to the surface; not quite as bad as anchors, but... The disclaimers: we have no experience with other types of machines listed, and the people recommending them are quite experienced. Just wanted to chime in and say that a couple newbies have found the Sailrite machine worthwhile and useful.
Old 01-14-2010

kmusbach is on a distinguished road
I have a Tufsew bought on line and have been very happy with it have done some canvas work and am currently doing new salon cushions with it. A nice feature is it has an extra 2" gate compared to most home machines