Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > On Board > Gear & Maintenance
 Not a Member? 
Old 05-11-2009

JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by musttroll View Post
It took me a while to understand your post and I am sorry if I came off as if I am promoting the outboard in question and it was a mistake for me to continue to prove my point, as it was passion rather then being impartial. I did not realize your concern until now.

I do not own the company nor do I have any financial interest in it, but I did buy their outboard, so I guess I do have interest in that company's survival (you know warrantee, parts and such).

If I take it personal that's because, I own a small lawn mower service and lost business because of some ridiculous rumors, and sure wished I'd had someone watch my back and prevent these rumors, much like what's going on right now.

I posted 3 posting about this subject because, although, these postings were informative and seemed very conclusive, they lacked factual support another words they were opinions, and there is nothing wrong with that.
I on the other hand posted my experience with that outboard and supported my experience with facts. Clearly that was not a good idea, because it seemed like I have a hidden agenda? My bad.

I am new to posting messages, but not new to SailNet's postings, I waited a year to post my personal findings about this outboard just to make sure I had enough hours on it along with any troubling issues before posting .

Now my reason for a screen name "Musttroll", as if it's some kind of a play on words.(that's for the guy who was reading too much into my screen name)

I have a canoe and I can't stay still in it too long or for that matter in one spot fishing, so my son always says to me can't you just stay in one place and fish and I tell him lets just troll for a while, so that's why I chose "Musttroll" and, I also named my canoe "BAD COMPANY" because where I fish there's lots of mosquitoes.

I 'd be happy to contribute to SailNet forum when I have something interesting to share, otherwise I am happy to sit back and read your expert comments/ opinions.
Thanks for letting me speak my piece.

Musttroll,

I sent you a Private Message over the weekend. We'd like to hear back from you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pacific Seacraft Crealock 31 #62

NEVER CALLS CRUISINGDAD BACK....CAN"T TAKE THE ACCENT
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-11-2009
Hull Number 33

OldColumbia is on a distinguished road
Faced the same problem a few years ago and went with the Suzuki DT4 two stroke ( only available used in CA).

The two stroke Suzuki has all the "bells and whistles" such as remote tank feed, excellent tiller control and gear shifting plus economical parts from Brown' s Marine on line and the low weight to hoist onto the pulpit or deck from the dink.

Further, when on the davits, the dink and motor combination ( a Boat US Hypalon 9'2' wood floor) isn't a buster to hoist and secure for short sails.
Old 05-11-2009
Retired and happy

Leither is on a distinguished road
My experience with inflatables and outboards is mainly in the UK, where 2HP would certainly be considered inadequate for an 8' dinghy, because of unpredictable winds and strong tides (conditions which I know apply in lots of places here in the States). I had a 3.5 HP Tohatsu which is about the smallest motor I would consider. The weight issue can be a problem, I agree. I largely got over this by hanging the motor on a bracket mounted on the transom. On the other hand, a friend of mine had a 15 HP Mariner which we manhandled on and off his boat for years without incident and in all sorts of weather.......

Stuart

I must go down to the sea again, to the lonely sea and the sky - I left my shoes and socks there, I wonder if they're dry?