Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > On Board > Gear & Maintenance
 Not a Member? 
Old 05-11-2009

masque is on a distinguished road
Center Board

Greg, Thanks for the picture gallery. What a great job you and friends are doing! I really liked the photo of the mast in your house...true dedication! I wanted to let you know what I have just seen on my Sailmaster 22 centerboard. I am repairing my boat. Last Columbus Day a wicked storm hit the Seacoast of Southern Maine/New Hampshire. New Castle Coast Guard recorded 84 knot winds. My boat broke mooring and ended on the rocks of Pepperell Cove, Kittery, Maine. Very unforgiving.

The boat is OK but has a huge hole. I drop the board for inspection. I noticed 18 inches from the bottom of the centerboard, screwed on each side of the board a small piece of white plastic(nylon) measuring 5” long X 3/4 “ wide X ľ” thick. It is mounted 30% angle to the leading edge of the board. It appears to serve the purpose of ‘guiding ‘ the board into the well when the centerboard is pulled up. You might already know this. I believe this board is the original (Hull 113).
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-23-2009

Wallilabu is on a distinguished road
Final Installment and Launch of Wallilabu

Here is the link to the most recent set of picturres of the Wallilabu restoration project, including the launch...Greg

Picasa Web Albums - Greg - Wallilabu July
Old 07-23-2009

fullkeel7 is on a distinguished road
Wow!!

Greg, It is so seldom that you see a small boat get lavished with so much love and dedication...she IS beautiful. Thanks for sharing the resto pics and congratulations on her rebirth, VERY,VERY NICE!
Old 07-23-2009

Wallilabu is on a distinguished road
Sea Trial Saturday

Thanks, fullkeel...I really appreciate the kinds words. We're taking her out for her first real sail on Saturday when I get back to Maine...ll try to get some 'action shots' for the forum and will give a full report...Greg
Old 07-23-2009

fullkeel7 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallilabu View Post
Thanks, fullkeel...I really appreciate the kinds words. We're taking her out for her first real sail on Saturday when I get back to Maine...ll try to get some 'action shots' for the forum and will give a full report...Greg
Fair winds on Saturday then, looking forward to the 'shots'. I'm sure she'll be good for a big grin or two...
Old 05-07-2014

colinsailmaster is on a distinguished road
Re: Still seeking more information

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallilabu View Post
Hi, John...thanks for the reply. I've got two inquiries in line, one with the designer at Sparkman and Stephens and another with the Sailmaster Club in Holland where they have a whole fleet of Sailmaster 22's...a very good site to get hooked into...I'm hoping we can get a North American Chapter of the club going here...please let me know if ytou find anything useful, and I'll do the same...

Hull 22! Fantastic...a 22 D or a weekender? Do you know Jack Sherwood, author of the Bay Tripper column for Soundings magazine? He also has a Sailomaster 22.

Greg
Hi greg, I also have drop keel problems seems to have corroded badly so needs replacing can you help with info site for drawing of keel and pivot pin, sailmaster22 club site was in dutch and could not get tecnicl info. can you help

colin grant torquay uk