SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Inverted bulkhead mounted whale pump

996 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  jumaggafanny 
#1 ·
I'm preparing the permanent installation of a Titan by Whale MFg. bulkhead diaphram pump. While disassembly allows flow in either direction by reversal. I would like to mount inverted using the bulkhead mounts and have the base mounts on top. This protects the rubber diaphram bellows and gives me a flange to mount a storage shelf.
Any concerns from inverted installation? I just can't think of any....

#2 ·
Only one concern comes immediately to mind... if you have to work on it, it will spill stuff on you as you open it up.

#4 ·
inverted in locker

I'm planning on mounting it in the Stbd. cockpit locker and inverted puts the alternate mounting leg/flange up. by installing a 6" x 6" flat I would shield the rubber and maybe have a flat spot to store something strapped down, say spare wood plugs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.