Well... my offer has been accepted (79 C&C 30) and I'm just waiting for the surveyor to finish up the deal without any major findings... So be prepared to get bombarded with even more new-boat-owner questions...
So my first step is going to be to try and make her bullet proof from the toerail to the tip of the keel. The following is my currently planned to do list. Is there anything else I should be considering that will be difficult or impossible once it's in the water?
1. Inspect all the thru hull fittings & valves and replace any that aren't absolutely 100%
2. Replace old stuffing box packing with drip-less packing
3. Replace rudder post packing
4. Torque Keel bolts to spec and then grind & fill the "C&C smile"
5. Touch up existing bottom paint, which was done just last year
6. Peel off the current name, compound, wax, and buff from the scumline to the toerail
* - I'm thinking about calling her "Titan Uranus"