Join Date: Nov 2008
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
Westerbeke 21 Diesel Engine Question...
My other half and I just took out our heat exchanger and had it serviced with an acid bath, and had it pressurized. We went out motoring for about 2 hours after putting it back in and the boat ran fine. Now were overheating?!? While we were cleaning up our mess my other half knocked out a black female wire with a red piece of tape on it. Its on the lower left side....near the oil dip stick. We cannot figure out where this wire goes or if it has to do with our overheating. We checked the thermostat, raw water impellier, fresh water pump, and looked everywhere for leaks. The antifreeze is building up pressure and is actually pushing the tubing off!! Its going to 230+ temp within minutes. Were competely baffeled as to whats wrong and to where this wire goes. Does anyone have helpful advise for me??