SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Head problem

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  tsenator 
#1 ·
In the "dry-bowl" mode of my Jabsco manual head, when I depress the plunger,there seems to be some type of backpressure.... the plunger has resistance, followed by a "chattering" effect as the plunger is depressed...... does not happen in wet bowl mode.....any help?

#2 ·
Yeah, I think what is happening is that the lever for your "Wet/Dry" mechanism is not doing its job. That is very typical of the "cheap" heads.

You can try and manually hold the lever *all* the way over to the dry mode when you flush and see if the backpressure is releived. If so, then the mecahnism is a little screwed up. 2 Fixes. 1) Easiest. Purchase new Jabsco head from West marine when they are on sale ($95) and replace the whole thing. 2) unscrew the plunger mechanism and *carefully* try and reposition the lever mechanism to get it working....

good luck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.