Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > On Board > Gear & Maintenance
 Not a Member? 
Old 04-23-2009

doctorsign is on a distinguished road
Missing Foil !!!

I own a Morgan Heritage 1 Ton Sailboat and have decided to add a roller furling headsail system. I purchased a used system somewhere along the line and now that I am ready to hopefully install it, have come up with a few problems ! I have basically rebuilt the unit with new bearings, 3/8" cable etc. but now I am in a quandry. I knew when I purchased this used unit that the foil length was short of what I needed but did not realized that I would have so much trouble finding an additional length ( I need about 5' ) of foil. My reason for posting is that I would appreciate any information from any and all as to where I might locate a section of foil. I believe what I have is a HOOD MK II with the " c " size foil. The MK II was a system that had 2 identical foil cross sections design, but 2 different sizes. The 'long' measurement of a 'c' foil size ( sort of a flat oval ), is approximately 2 1/4", the 'short' dimension' of the cross section is approximately 7/8". Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-24-2009

kaluvic is on a distinguished road
I agree with Laicomequgo........ ;-)
Old 04-24-2009

kaluvic is on a distinguished road
We'll when I posted the above message, there was some Chinese message from Laicomequgo..I was being sarcastic.....now I see the message is gone and I feel a bit silly.

So..... back to the question at hand, replacement foil.
I havenít seen a classified area on this forum.
I'm sorry I cant help.
Old 04-30-2009
Retired and happy

Leither is on a distinguished road
This may not be good news, I'm afraid. I had an elderly CDI furler on my Morgan. It fell apart one day while I was raising the genoa and the jointing pieces which hold the foil sections together came out and fell into the sea (not all of them - but from two sections). I just could not find replacements and eventually replaced a the furler with a new plastic section one from CDI. I guess my point is that spares fro elderly furlers are often difficult to come by, unless you can spend the time to locate them on the used market. Have you tried advertising?

Good luck

Stuart

I must go down to the sea again, to the lonely sea and the sky - I left my shoes and socks there, I wonder if they're dry?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook