Join Date: Oct 2007
Thanked 26 Times in 19 Posts
Rep Power: 7
Restarting Fresh water
Helped a friend restart his freshwater tonite. This is the list I made for him. I'm a big fan of lists, do to advancing age etc. Posting this list here may help someone and maybe someone will pickup on something I did wrong.
Re-Commissioning Fresh Water Checklist
- Count freshwater fills on deck, one for each tank.
- Find hot water tank (The two hoses to the tank should be disconnected from the tank and connected together)
- Find the three hoses going into the first tank. Vent, Fill 1.5” both on top and the supply either on top or bottom. (We skiped this step)
- If the supply hose that runs from the tank to the fresh water pump is disconnected, reconnect to the tank.
- Open the faucets
- Select tank 1 with tank selector
- Check to make sure the sink drain is connected
- Partially fill the tank with about 5 gallons of water from deck fill.
- Operate the pump until the liquid coming from the facet looks clear.
- Refill with another 5 gallons and re-pump.
- Fill tank full.
- Repeat steps 3 through 11 with the other tanks (You may need to operate a tank switcher)
- Operate all fresh water devices including head sinks, showers, outside showers etc.
- Reconnect hot water hoses (Make sure the outlet goes to the sink and in inlet goes to the tank.
- Run pump and open hot water faucet. It will sputter until the air is gone then cold water will come out.