Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Long Island, NY
Thanked 39 Times in 34 Posts
Rep Power: 12
spares and extra gear
So yesterday I finished my spring prep work and the boat was ready to be launched. I needed to bring up the gear from basement to put on the boat. I removed this stuff to get better access to the lazarette, engine, spaces, etc.
Instead of just grabbing the stuff (stored in 3 milk crates and two similar sized plastic bins) I decided to inventory it and only bring on board what I needed. I found:
- 3 hand scrub brushes. Looks like 2 have never been wet
- 2 long handed deck brushes. I bought one and had never know the other one was there
- 6 good dock lines and at least that many older back ups
- 2 big bottles of diesel fuel conditioner, both 1/2 full
- 2 bottles of 'boat wash'
- 2 diving masks and snorkels
- 2 short fresh water hoses (in addition to the 50' hose I leave on board)
- 3 hose nozzles
- 2 5 gallon buckets
I have now reduced everything to just a few spares. I guess I should have done a better job inventorying everything back in 2006 when I bought this boat.
The real good news is that the boat should be launched today.
Deep Blue C, 2002 C&C 110
Mt. Sinai, NY
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.