SailNet Community

SailNet Community (
-   Gear & Maintenance (
-   -   Roller Furler ID? (w/Pic) (

Seafire327 05-18-2009 03:50 PM

Roller Furler ID? (w/Pic)
2 Attachment(s)
Hey Guys,

Hope everyone is having a good start to the boating season. Since the PO of my boat had very little anecdotal info on much of her systems, I'm slowly trying to piece together what exactly I have on board. My question is what type of roller furler system I have. I found a CDI pamphlet with the papers I got at the time of purchase, but the diagram on those don't match the furler. My thought is that perhaps one of her PO's was looking into an upgrade that never made it. I could be wrong. I've attached two pics, they are a little big, but I thought it might be better for detail's sake. Any help would, as always, be appreciated

Ps. The rusty old anchor has been... dealt with...:D

knothead 05-18-2009 03:56 PM

It is a CDI.

sailingdog 05-18-2009 04:57 PM

I'm pretty sure Knothead is right... since not too many furlers have integrated halyards.

knothead 05-18-2009 05:00 PM


Originally Posted by knothead (Post 487233)
It is a CDI.

Thanks for the endorsement SD. ;)

Seafire327 05-18-2009 05:05 PM

Thanks guys, time to do some digging!

kdmjme 05-18-2009 07:13 PM

CDI Reefer
What you have is a CDI Reefer 1. I just purchased one myself on Craigslist. Not a lot of parts available anymore. Here is CDI page with diagrams. CDI - Reefer System Parts

Seafire327 05-21-2009 09:28 PM

Thanks for the info guys, I was able to find what I needed!

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:59 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
(c) LLC 2000-2012

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome