SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Need water pump?

952 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  sailingdog 
#1 ·
Hi,

I was on the boat today running our Jabsco 36950-2000 freshwater pump. It was working fine for a while, but then stopped. It seemed like either the belt was slipping (diaphragm stopped oscillating) or the motor stopped driving the belt, although it still made noise.

I have no idea how old this pump is, but I saw that a new belt was $18, and it seemed maybe I just should replace the pump with a new one.

So, out Endeavour 33 has modest water rerquirements- I galey sink and a head sink. The jabsco in place now is 3GPM and it it almost too powerul.

Any recommendations on an inexpensive pump? Ideally it would be one impervious to winter and freezing, not need an accumulator tank (don't have one now) and benign neglect....

Thanks for any input, Saltypat

#2 ·
Any of the new variable flow pressure pumps should do the trick. However, you do need to run antifreeze through them to winterize them at a minimum.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.