SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

And the refit continues...

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  artbyjody 
#1 ·
I've finally finished sanding the deck after pulling the canvas and the varnish removal is 98% done.

The decks were ok except that one chainplate area.

The foredeck is good...

and aft is better than I thought it would be.

Now it's time to sand and seal the bright work, finish stripping the hull, pull the sticks and the engine. I'm gonna seal the deck too before applying the Sanitred.

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks great, the hard work is paying off.

#6 ·
Charlie,

Nice work! She is really coming along nicely.:)

That is a lot of effort, for sure. How are the old back and knees feeling?:rolleyes:

That was nice of Jody to help out with the electrical.

How do you plan to "seal" the decks? Are you going to apply fibreglass, clear epoxy, or something else?

And what did you decide in the end to do with the chainplates? Are you going to go with exteriors?

#8 ·
Charlie,

Nice work! She is really coming along nicely.:)

That is a lot of effort, for sure. How are the old back and knees feeling?:rolleyes:

That was nice of Jody to help out with the electrical.

How do you plan to "seal" the decks? Are you going to apply fibreglass, clear epoxy, or something else?

And what did you decide in the end to do with the chainplates? Are you going to go with exteriors?
Thanks John. The back is better this week and has recovered from my tweaking it last week. Jody's a good pal. I'm putting down CPES to seal and then going with Sanitred over that as it's waterproof, UV proof and flexible. I have an idea about that chainplate and adding exterior isn't on the list. She came around the horn the wrong way with the one's she has so I think they'll be fine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.