SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Navico WP 5000 Wiring

4K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  NCC320 
#1 ·
I've got an old Navico WP 5000 with a power wiring harness nothing like in the user's manual. It has the standard red +/back- wires, and also a white & bare wire.

Anyone have a clue what to do with these latter 2? With just the + & - connected, the drive unite doesn't power up.
Thanks!
Tom

#2 · (Edited)
Go to the Simrad website and search for the WP5000 owner's manual. It will describe what the wires are for. If I recall correctly, red and black are power inputs for operation with the control system compass, and the other two are for inputs from a wind vane transmitter.

I've just been given a unit that came off a Hunter 340, and it has only the black and red wires, so I assume that the previous owner did not have a wind vane tied into the system. I haven't tried to install it, so I don't know the answer. However, if you get it to work, please post what you did.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.