SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Sailcare - LaMauney Process...worth it?

10K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  T37Chef 
#1 ·
#2 ·
I suggest you do a search on this forum, sailcare has been discussed at length.

#3 ·
I think that the general feeling about SailCare....

is that they do a very nice job of restoring/cleaning sails to that crisp clean/new feel level, but they are expensive.

That being said, if your sails are out of shape and beyond their life, it's probably better to bite the bullet and pay for new sails then spending a good chunk of change cleaning and re energizing your sails. This will only make them good looking, clean and crisp bad shaped sails.

Disclaimer: I have never used Sailcare.

DrB

#5 ·
I used sailcare for My sails and they where stained, needed stitching and just plain tired. They did an excellent job. Sales came back crisp and looked brand new.

When you send your sails they do an evaluation and notify you as to their recommendations. Then you can make the choice as to what you want completed.

Highly recommend.

#6 ·
one area with some stains did not come clean, but over all a very good job at less than 50% of buying a new sail. They were very fair in that we discussed re-cutting my Genoa for better shape. After it was cleaned and re-examined by one of the 'tailors', their recommendation was that it was ok. I had a leach line added and now I get better performance. But it was a respectable business practice that they revised the quote downward after recommending that additional work was not needed. I would use them again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.