SailNet Community

SailNet Community (
-   Gear & Maintenance (
-   -   Plug (

Becky115 07-27-2009 09:13 AM

Hi I'm new and looking for a transom plug for my 1972 ODay Day Sailor.:rolleyes: I have had to use a cork.

Jeff_H 07-28-2009 02:06 PM

There are two kinds of transom plugs that I know of. One screws into a threaded fitting and looks like this: West Marine: Transom Drain with Plug Product Display

And the other has a quick release handle or tee handle and looks like this:
Drain and Bailer Plugs at

I don't know which kind you have but I think that West Marine carries both.


gedaggett 07-28-2009 02:18 PM

If it is a more standard size you may actually be able to pick one up at Walmart. I got one for an old Aluminum boat I had from there.

Good Luck


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:48 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
(c) LLC 2000-2012

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome