SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

EZ-JAX - problem with receiving merchandise

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  stipakb 
#1 · (Edited)
I placed an order with EZ-JAX for purchase of one of their retractable lazy jacks systems and am having trouble getting my merchandise. I am wondering if anyone else is having that problem or if anyone can shed light on what is happening with this company.

The reason I have become worried is that it is now 28 days since they billed my credit card in full and I have still not received the merchandise. My phone messages have not been returned. My emails received no reply at first until Mark Bailey emailed and said they had been on vacation and my order would ship on August 10, implying I would receive it by August 12-13. After more left phone messages and emails, today I received an unsigned email stating "Sorry, we had planned on getting your system out on the 10th, but it has been rescheduled for shipping on Aug 17th." Should I believe this email or should I conclude that there is something seriously wrong and that I need to try to cancel my credit card payment?

Does anyone have any similar experience or any knowledge of this company that could shed some light on this and what I should do?

Four years ago I ordered a set of Easy Jax from this company, and I was pleased with the product and at that time I received satisfactory service.

I will post again to this thread to explain how this matter resolves - by my either receiving belatedly the merchandise or by canceling the payment with the credit card company.

Brian Stipak
Portland, Oregon
S/V "Northwest Passage", Wauquiez 33

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi, I'm sorry to hear about your problems. I ordered a set from them about a year ago and it arrived promptly. One reason I chose to go with these guys was the good word of mouth. Hopefully, you will get the stuff soon. Even if you do, it is bad customer service to keep you waiting without notifying you that there would be a delay.

Good luck, Bill

#3 ·
EZ-JAX order received

I did receive my EZ-JAX order today.

The splicing, equipment, and instructions look excellent, just like the last time I placed an order with EZ-JAX.

So, based on my experience EZ-JAX may be a good way for you to buy a set of custom-made retractable lazy jacks, as long as you can accept the possibility of extended time between paying and delivery (35 days in my case, which may be longer than normal because they charged my credit card just before taking vacation), and possible difficulty and slowness in communications.

Brian Stipak
Portland, Oregon
S/V "Northwest Passage", Wauquiez 33

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.