Join Date: Jul 2008
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 8
If the paint is sound, not flaking or peeling or powdery, then it is not a hazard unless you chew on it. If you want to get it tested you can probably find a county or state agency that does that as a public service.
Lead's most bad for kids who are developing. Not so bad for adults. I remeber chewing the paint of the window sill when I was a tot in the project way back when lead paint was the standard in house paint. I later worded on a drydock in the Navy where we sandblasted lead-based paints off submarines. I turned out ok. Oh yeah, leaded gas used to spew lead into the air in the cities too. Now mercury on the other hand ...
Cal 36 #54