SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Where to buy rope

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  tommays 
#1 ·
At our marina they use New England Rope but YaleCordage seems to be a lot cheaper. Any thoughts about comparative quality or other suppliers.

#2 ·
Cajun Trading

Check out Cajun Trading. First rate product on par with Samson, Yale or NE Ropes at a substantial savings. Do a search on these boards and you'll see plenty of other advocates for these guys. I refit all my running rigging with Cajun and am very happy. Their Cajun XLE is comparable to NE Ropes STA SET or Samson XLS (look at a comparison chart here.

#4 ·
rope

i found a place down near daytona beach... they make it... bargin water sports on ebay. 280' of poly double braid, 4400lb tensile w/built in 30% safety factor...low stretch... oh, 3/8" for 99 bucks. its great stuff..cut to order and they will splice for $ if you want.

Quinn

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.