SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Gear & Maintenance (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/gear-maintenance/)
-   -   Need Help rigging a Macgregor 22 (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/gear-maintenance/61387-need-help-rigging-macgregor-22-a.html)

tzuk95 01-18-2010 06:53 PM

Need Help rigging a Macgregor 22

Hi everyone,

I just acquired a 1985 Macgregor 22. Its missing all the running rigging including sheets and blocks. Can any tell me where I can get a picture of what I'm missing or a manual or something? I have standing rigging and sails but nothing to hook them up. Any info would be great!

bljones 01-18-2010 07:25 PM

Here you go:

Venture 21 Brochure

Janetmc 07-07-2012 10:00 PM

Re: Need Help rigging a Macgregor 22

The backstay on my Mcgregor 22 is broken! What do I need to buy to replace it?

SchwarckT 07-09-2012 06:54 AM

Send the old one to riggingonly.com and they will make a replacement.

Janetmc 07-09-2012 11:37 AM

Thanks for the reply and the advice. There are no sailors I can find on this beautiful Lake Norfork! How sad, but I will get my little sloop on this lake and sail her! Just having a challenge remembering where everything goes. Mysin concern is the daggerboard. It needs to be checked, and there is nobody who knows anything about it here. Wish me luck! I'm in Mountain Home, AR after living in St. Louis all my life. A little different .

overbored 07-09-2012 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janetmc (Post 893941)
The backstay on my Mcgregor 22 is broken! What do I need to buy to replace it?

Call Macgregor they are stiil in business

Jeff_Mac22 07-09-2012 12:42 PM

My wife and I also retired to Arkansas. We have a Macgregor 22 and were just thinking of Northfork. Have you sailed on the lake much? Anyway, how did your break? Did your mast fall? Anyway, that is a stainless tang that is attached by a single stainless bolt on the aft bulkhead. Is there a place in St. Louis that might have it? We travel there frequently.

Jeff
Rector, AR
(In Northeast Arkansas)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janetmc (Post 894451)
Thanks for the reply and the advice. There are no sailors I can find on this beautiful Lake Norfork! How sad, but I will get my little sloop on this lake and sail her! Just having a challenge remembering where everything goes. Mysin concern is the daggerboard. It needs to be checked, and there is nobody who knows anything about it here. Wish me luck! I'm in Mountain Home, AR after living in St. Louis all my life. A little different .

Janetmc 07-09-2012 06:43 PM

Hey Jeff! I got my boat down here from St. Louis and found the backstay broken; there was no accident. Most of my sailing has been done at Carlyle Lake in Carlyle, Il, on other boats than mine. So I am on my own for the first time without support. I have not sailed Norfork ,but have a beautiful view of it from my new log home. Can't wait! I think it will be tricky because there are a number of turns and direction changes. Come sail it with me!

Janetmc 07-09-2012 06:59 PM

I cannot reply to your friend request. The site says you are not on the list, ha! Try again when I know more.

Jeff_Mac22 07-09-2012 09:12 PM

Well, I am a brand new user. just registered today, so yea, probably not on the list yet.

My wife Mary is back in the hospital today as she battles cancer. Frequently we go to Barnes Jewish in St Louis. Today she is in the VA hospital because of blood chemistry problems.

As soon as she gets over this stuff, I would love to come and sail with you. Have you called Macgregor yet to see if the part is available directly from them? If not, I would imagine we could fabricate it but working with sheet stainless is difficult.

Jeff

Jeff Puckett

Tag Line:
Life isnít about waiting for the storm to pass itís about getting out and dancing in the rain.