SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Harken MKI furler

10K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  MtHopeBay 
#1 ·
I have a MKI Harken furler and I'm ordering a new sail for it. I was wondering if anyone knows what size luff tape it uses?

I'm surprised at how little information is available about the MKI. The only thing I found on the Harken site, usually a very good site for information on their products, was how to identify it. Next to nothing on the rest of the internet.

Mike

#5 ·
beat me to it

you must have been typing the same time I was.

I can find no data on Harken's site for MKI furler. The closest they have is MKII. I bet that it is #6 luff tape because most of Harken's are. However, it's impossible to say with certainty because no data is available.

I'll probably cut off a peice of the luff tape from the old sail for an example and or take some careful measurements.
Mike

#8 ·
thanks, Sidmon

I'd read his article on the furler maintenance but didn't see the reference to the manual. Thanks for the link. I thought it would be #6 but there's just enough doubt because everyone knows ALMOST all the Harken furlers use #6.
Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.