as a marine industry representative, I would highly recommend you listen to and follow the Special Interest guidelines as posted in the Boat Buying forum.
Realize that SailNet is hosted by a retail marine supply business. We all play by their rules, which are here to make sure that everybody plays nice
. What my esteemed colleague, Mr. 'Dog, is referring to is this rule;
IF YOU ARE GOING TO PLAY AN ACTIVE ROLE IN THIS FORUM, OR ANY FORUM ON SAILNET, AND YOU HAVE A SPECIAL INTEREST IN THE MARINE INDUSTRY, YOU NEED TO IDENTIFY YOURSELF AS SUCH. THIS INCLUDES BROKERS, BOAT MANUFACTURERS OR EMPLOYEES THEREOF, MAGAZINES, TV SHOWS, SURVEYORS AND ANY OTHER SPECIAL INTEREST GROUP.
The Ground Rules (which may be added to as needed) for this are such:
1) You shall not in any way self promote...this includes links or e-mail addresses.
2) You shall identify yourself and your interest in your signature, your title, or both.
3) You shall not openly promote your company. Take out an ad. [with SailNet]
4) You shall not redirect for personal interests.
5) You SHALL be tranparent and forthright.
That said, you have followed the rules, and, to my knowledge (I'm not a moderator), there is no issue with publicly answering a question, once it has been asked in a forum. You may want to edit your signature / title to more closely adhere to point #2. (BTW - Is Mr. Smith still active here?)
On the flip side, to not publicly answer a question leads readers to infer their own conclusion. To be honest, I'm interested in Night0wl's questions too.
1) what kind of warranty or longevity gaurantee can you provide if the Coppercoat product is applied by an approved yard?
2) What sorts of 10 year results can you provide? Any websites with cruiser testimonials?
3) What is the maintenance regime required by the product?
4) How is your product specifically different than the prior mentioned Copper-poxy and CopperClad products?
5) What data/evidence do you have about performance in various water temperature gradients? Does the product perform better in cold temps...warm temps...high salinity vs low salinity...etc. (Please provide data or studies to show evidence). Please speak to brackish vs salt vs fresh water and again, provide any data you may have.
6) What sorts of precautions must be taken during applicaiton & maintenance to ensure galvanic integrity of parts/systems. Do we have to change Zincs types if using Coppercoat...? Especially if a boat is kept in brackish water?
Thanks In Advance! (TIA!)