SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

help with blakes seacocks!!!! please!!!

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  SailNet Archive 
#1 ·
hi there,

im having a real problem trying to find a nut that fits on the blakes seacocks on my boat...I see that the new blakes have the barbed hosetail on them for your hose to push strait on to. the blakes that i own, have a male threaded end in which a hose piece seats into and the packing nut screws down onto the seacock... the thread is BSP and the total diameter is 2 inchs...i have been to various plumbing and engineering shops to source a nut and everyone tells me it is not a standard size and i will have to get one machined up at a great expence...i must be able to source these nuts from somewhere surely...please help because i now have 3 seacocks un plumbed as the nut disolved in my hands...

cheers
Jason
SV Kairos 2
Nelson
New Zealand

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.