Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > On Board > Gear & Maintenance
 Not a Member? 
Old 02-15-2010

nickmerc is on a distinguished road
Am I glad I just spent the $90 and the few hours one morning to make my own lazy jacks. Yes, they do retract.

If you are looking for sails I will put a plug in for Quantum in Annapolis. I have been taking my sails there for the past few years for small repairs and annual inspection. They have always gotten my sails back to me earlier than estimated and for a very resonable cost. My sails are Haarsticks, and Quantum has no issues servicing them.

The charter boat I work on has thier sails made there. We beat the snot out of the sails and they really stand up well.
________
Small Tits live

Last edited by nickmerc; 08-18-2011 at 06:07 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-15-2010

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
UK Halsey in Annapolis for our sails. My wife has made our sailrite machine more than pay for itself every wineter when we take the sails off and inspect them at home.. Small reenforcement here...a stitch there as we thouroghly go over them. major work and new sails-- UK Halsey down the street in Eastport from Dan at Sailruite

Dave

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Old 02-15-2010

scottyt is on a distinguished road
not sail related

when i found the head on my motor needed work i took it to a diesel guy i have heard here and found him online. he told me he would have an idea of total price in a few days. well it took me a month to get him to answer the phone, then another month get get an update, then another month to find out he was having a problem, then another month of messages before i got nasty saying i was going to send a certified letter. he left a message that "I need to come get my head as he has wasted hours on it" so i left a message to find out when i could come get it. well its been another month. yes he has had my head for 5 months. he still will not return calls.

i am afraid to say his name as my head might never be seen
Old 02-15-2010

UncleJim is on a distinguished road
Nick, I’m still kinda new to sailing. This is my first boat though I’ve been on the water most of the last thirty years. Mostly on cuddy’s down in FL diving in the gulf and on a here onthe Chesapeke in a 21 San Juan back in the early ’80. Never saw much of jacks until recently. If I was more familiar with them I would have made my own as well after I finished the 342 current projects I’m in the middle of.
I’ve seen the ads for Quantum and UK Halsey in some of the mag’s. I am not sure who I’ll talk to as sails are not in the budget this year as we just sprang for the new trailer ( a Wesco AL dual axel job) . Maybe by Oct I’ll be able to talk to some of the dealers at the show.
ScottyT, I feel your pain. If it were me I’d stop in unannounced and ask how many hours and what he found, might be able to work something out. If not then spare the rest of us the pain of making the same mistake, which was the reason for this thread in the first place.

Thanks again to all who replied and I hope the if EZjax is lurking they or another vendor has learned something about cust service.

Jim
Old 02-15-2010

scottyt is on a distinguished road
jim i have tried to stop in the guy is never there. i should have known when i dropped it off he had a note saying be back in 5 mins, i waited for 2 hours becuase i heard he was good.

i will name names when i get the head back