Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > On Board > Gear & Maintenance
 Not a Member? 
Old 01-30-2010

UncleJim is on a distinguished road
EZ-Jax

Any one know anything about EZ-Jax, the company not the product? I ordered a set of their EZjax back in Oct at Annapolis show and they said about 6 weeks, then in Dec they said that he would be shipping the order out in the next week and now I cannot get in touch with them.

Jim
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 01-31-2010

kaluvic is on a distinguished road
Hmm....doesn’t sound good.
Old 01-31-2010
Old as Dirt!

svHyLyte is on a distinguished road
The "Company" seems to be a single individual. We purchased a set of his EZJax for our prior boat back in 2000 and it took a little while before they arrived as he was a bit backed up at the time. The delay was worth it, however, as the system worked extremely well and was much preferable to the Dutchman system we have on our current boat or similar, but not equal, lazy jack systems on other boats we've sail aboard.

FWIW...
"It is not so much for its beauty that the sea makes a claim upon men's hearts, as for that subtle something, that quality of air, that emanation from the waves, that so wonderfully renews a weary spirit."
Old 01-31-2010
Unpaid Intern

josrulz is on a distinguished road
Hmmmm, I would be interested in knowing the outcome of this. We have been considering EZ-Jax (among other options as well).

I will say that although I haven't done business with them yet, this is the first I've heard of any hiccups.

Please keep us informed.
-J
Old 01-31-2010

T37Chef will become famous soon enough
Purchased mine from them at the show a few years back and had no problem. Still not good to hear things like this, but not surprised. Have you paid already?

I just tried calling, got a message. I would link this thread to an email, that should get their attention

1982 Tartan 37 CB - Hull #358

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by T37Chef View Post
Purchased mine from them at the show a few years back and had no problem. Still not good to hear things like this, but not surprised. Have you paid already?

I just tried calling, got a message. I would link this thread to an email, that should get their attention
Unfortunitly, I paid with a debit card not a credit card, will be much harder to get it charged back if it falls through completly.

I have tried leaving messages and emails two to three times a week and the only replies I have had were when one of the emails (sent to their webpage contact us account ) had a link to the lack of service in another thread.

I normally support the indivual bussiness where possibly but at least I want to know about any problems or delays. If something unforseen occurs keep in touch.
Old 02-14-2010

The systems arrived today, 16 weeks after the order and 8 weeks after our last communication when he indicated they would be going out in a weeks time. What upsets me the most about the entire transaction is that in all this time there has been no communication, emails go unanswered, phone calls go unasnwered and no return calls made. Even emails the web site contact information do not genearate a resopnce.

A lazy jack system is a pretty simple system. I choose the EZjax for a number of reasons. I could have very well saved the money and made my own system. I might not have had the pretty splices that I now have but I would have had it done well before now. I guess it boils down to unless I hear some compelling reason for the way this order has been handled, on my next boat I'll be going with a self made or another system.

Jim
Old 02-15-2010

PalmettoSailor will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleJim View Post
The systems arrived today, 16 weeks after the order and 8 weeks after our last communication when he indicated they would be going out in a weeks time. What upsets me the most about the entire transaction is that in all this time there has been no communication, emails go unanswered, phone calls go unasnwered and no return calls made. Even emails the web site contact information do not genearate a resopnce.

A lazy jack system is a pretty simple system. I choose the EZjax for a number of reasons. I could have very well saved the money and made my own system. I might not have had the pretty splices that I now have but I would have had it done well before now. I guess it boils down to unless I hear some compelling reason for the way this order has been handled, on my next boat I'll be going with a self made or another system.

Jim
Well, I'm glad you got your product, but that kind of experience should set anyone off. Many companies that provide products and services for boaters are small operations and subject to disruptions, but there is no excuse for such a lack of communication.

If this company had advised you right away that there would be a three month delay and offered a refund if you couldn't wait, you might be posting about how happy you were with your new lazy jacks instead of how much this company sux. Even if you took the refund, you likely wouldn't be as displeased with the company as you now are.

It hard to understand how some businesses haven't gotten the message yet. Keeping customers informed is good business folks. In todays day and age of near instant communication, there is no excuse for not doing so, and we as consumers expect nothing less. Even when service is less than ideal, we tend to accept things better as long as were are provided accurate information from the companies we do business with.
Old 02-15-2010

T37Chef will become famous soon enough
I can totally relate to what you are going through. The Doyle loft in Annapolis has had my sail since August, all it needed was a luff tape. I have called numerous times, emailed numerous times, even spoke to the owner numerous times...still I have not received the sail as of today. I realize its not a priority or big $ maker for them, but now he has lost my business forever. I Had asked him to quote me a new set of sails, don't think I'll be pursuing that with them. Doyle Annapolis Sail makers.

1982 Tartan 37 CB - Hull #358

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by midlifesailor View Post

If this company had advised you right away that there would be a three month delay and offered a refund if you couldn't wait, you might be posting about how happy you were with your new lazy jacks instead of how much this company sux. Even if you took the refund, you likely wouldn't be as displeased with the company as you now are.
If they had told me that there were unforseen delays and offered the refund of their own accord without me making the only attempt; I would have declined and waited a reasonable amount of time. I tend to side on the small busnessis when possible. I also try to be reasonable when possible but there is no excuse for this kind of treatment in this kind of economey.

T37Chef keep us informed of your sails, I'm going to be replacing mine soon and would like to know the customer service reputations before I know the pricing.

fair winds to all and to all a good night

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.