SailNet Community

SailNet Community (
-   Gear & Maintenance (
-   -   CAL-Jensen 2-27 Specs (

dtharmon 02-05-2003 08:49 AM

CAL-Jensen 2-27 Specs
I am having a very hard time finding specs/measurements for my ''76 Cal 27. I bought the boat used last season, and I don''t have an owners manual. When a project comes to mind I don''t have a reference to start with. I must go and take measurements (the boat is 1.5 hrs away) just to start researching options.
Does anybody know where I can find find what I am looking for. I would be willing to pay a reasonable ammount if this info isn''t out there for free (internet).
Fair winds,
Trae Harmon

jparker11 02-05-2003 11:04 AM

CAL-Jensen 2-27 Specs

I have a 78 Cal 2-27 with the owners manual I could scan and send your way. I believe there are only minor variations in the galley cabinetry between the ''76 and ''78. But, I must warn you, the OEM manuals were pretty meager. I, also, have amassed a sizeable collection of Farymann diesel info should you have a similar auxilary.

You will find scanned copies of the sales literature on the Sailnet Cal ftp site (

dtharmon 02-05-2003 11:58 AM

CAL-Jensen 2-27 Specs
Thanks very much! I would like to have whatever you would be willing to send my direction. I have an Atomic4 auxilary, but I appreciate the offer on the diesel info. Just email me at and we can communicate directly (I have copied your address) rather than through this board.
Have you done alot of work to your CAL? Is your diesel raw-water cooled? I have been battling an overheating problem. I am in salt water.
Would love to discuss maint. lists and ideas sometime.