Lifeline project - SailNet Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 02-15-2010 Thread Starter
Courtney the Dancer

Lifeline project

Hope this is in the right place, mods please move if not.

It was time for new lifelines on Laurie Anne, actually well past time but I knew it was going to be a pain and expensive so I'd been putting it off. I debated different ways to go about it (take them to local riggers (which I haven't had great luck with on other projects), buy the wire and fittings and have the swages done somewhere, etc.) when I thought I would PM Knothead here on SN since I had learned so much from his many posts. I'm really glad I did. Knotty (Steve) walked me through the whole thing and one week from when I mailed the old ones to him I had the new ones in my hands and they fit perfectly. All I had to do was take the old ones off the boat, remove the eyebolts and the pelican hooks for the gates, put them in a flat rate box from the USPS ($10 - no weight limit) and send them off. Steve gave me detailed intstructions on how to disassemble the pieces (eyebolts have loctite on threads so you need to heat before undoing the 5/16" LEFT hand threads, use soft jaws on vice, etc, etc). The whole project couldn't have been easier, and it was very reasonable too. I would highly recommend PM'ing Steve if you have lifelines to do, or any other rigging needs. Thanks again Knotty!

John
SV Laurie Anne

1988 Brewer 40 Pilothouse

Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-16-2010

Question contact infor for Knotty

John;

Thank you for your posting. I too am considering replacing my vinyl coated, rusty lifelines. Can you provide the contact info for Knotty? There is a Knotty on the memberlist but he/she shows zero postings, so I don't know which Knot variation would lead me to Steve.

thanks
post #3 of 4 Old 02-16-2010 Thread Starter
Courtney the Dancer

PM "Knothead" here on SN. I don't want to put his ph# or email on without his OK.

John
SV Laurie Anne

1988 Brewer 40 Pilothouse

post #4 of 4 Old 02-16-2010

John, First, thank you for the job. The rigging business, just like most others has been terrible and getting a job out of the blue like yours is a godsend. Secondly, thanks for the kind words. I'm glad the experience was a positive one.
Decisive customers like you whose primary concern is not the bottom line but rather the quality of the work are a joy to work for.

Steve

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.