Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > On Board > Gear & Maintenance
 Not a Member? 
Old 01-30-2012

night0wl is on a distinguished road
Bought mine from wisesales and it was ~$900 delivered.

Also look at hard start capacitors. Save some bucks vs buying something prepackaged
Old 01-30-2012

Sailinstuff is on a distinguished road
Thanks! Wise is where I bought the one I have. I was saving them for last to check. I called and they say $899 delivered which is I think 100 less than I paid for my first one. I'll probably order one from them in a week or two. (After I'm done looking for that *less than* $900 unicorn.)

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-31-2012
S/V Antares

rwy36 is on a distinguished road
Based on their Web site (which requires registration to see the pricing), a Honda Eu2000i can be had from Mayberry's for $899 with free shipping. For another $100 more, there is a model of the Eu2000i with a 30A twist-lock connector also. Visit http://www.mayberrys.com for the details (no affiliation, just passing along the local knowledge).

Good luck,

Bill
Old 02-03-2012

robertsapp is on a distinguished road
Mayberrys has the EU2000i for $899 and the companion unit for $999. They're advertising free shipping for orders over $199. You might check them out at www.mayberrys.com.
Old 07-16-2013

ov10mech is on a distinguished road
Re: Honda eu2000i and air conditioning

Just curious why the SPP6E was chosen for the test vs. SPP6. I called Supco Tech Support about this and they mentioned they would not recommend the E model in a generator config .. Something about keeping the start charge in the cap too long or something. Thoughts?
Old 07-16-2013
Move over Joan Rivers!

deniseO30 will become famous soon enough deniseO30 will become famous soon enough

The supco hard start kits heat up. PTC I think they are called (getting old and forgetful here) lol A traditional relay and start cap would work but really is not necessary.

Many if not all compressors in window type units use rotary compressors. Marine and central may use a scroll type compressors. All are very very low amperage starting.

Remember name plate rating are not actual it's a guide. To get real amperage draw you need a clamp on type meter. You will be surprised how little amps they draw even though the name plate suggests much more.

Hard-Start Devices: Insurance For The Compressor

my current "project"!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-28-2013

spcharby is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Re: Honda eu2000i and air conditioning

Quote:
Originally Posted by gershel View Post
Honda eu2000i and Air Conditioning

Just heard about a new product from Dometic. It's called a SmartStart controller. It reduces the amount of amps needed to start an air conditioner by 65%. I spoke to a tech from Dometic, who seemed to think, that a Honda 2000 could run a 16,000 btu Cruisair a/c. The cost for this unit is about $360. Sounds interesting. Sure would keep my wife "happy". Has anyone heard anything about this. It's only been available a few months.
Marc
I, just this week, finished a year long saga with the Honda 2000 and a 16K BTU air conditioner. This is what I learned:
  • The Smart Start is specifically designed to work with a Dometic AC unit; however, it works perfectly well with non Dometic units.
  • The Smart Start will allow a Honda 2000 to power only certain Dometic 16K AC units - they must have the 410 coolant.
  • I installed a Smart Start on a non Dometic unit and managed to get the ramp up amperage down to 29 amps. The Honda 2000 just couldn't do it consistently. Sometimes it could, mostly it couldn't.
  • I installed a Victron Energy Multiplus inverter charger that has a power assist mode and all works well now. This was not an inexpensive install; however, it greatly upgrades my electrical system and it needed it anyway. The alternative was a genset and that would have been even more expensive and, I would have still had to upgrade the electrics.

Do your home work with the Smart Start- Dometic is very specific on which AC units will be able to accept it and be powered by a Honda 2000.

Good Luck.
Old 08-17-2013

last mango is on a distinguished road

odd ball question = where is everyone storing these when underway - lazarettes, strapped to the decks/ One of our big problems to figure out
thanks
Old 08-17-2013

trantor12020 is on a distinguished road

Under nav table.
Old 05-30-2014

negrini is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to negrini Send a message via Yahoo to negrini Send a message via Skype™ to negrini

Lazarette. Be careful with the hot exhaust.