I got in some of that big Locust today. A single board weighs right at 100 Lbs. Ya oughta try wrestling with this stuff when try to cut it.
I decided to make one of the transom knees. Here's where I'm doing the cutout.
Then it was time for the bandsaw using angles from the old piece.
The toughest part was cutting the 40* angle in the tail section. That meant standing the pointy end up against the fence and pull cutting along a line. It came out nice as you can see.
Then I had to fit and trim it.
Followed by the deck beam notch.
After fitting, you can see how that tail section angle worked out.
The it was off to a B-Day party for a Granddaughter. This was the first time we had all 8 Grandkids in one place so photos were mandatory.
Yes there's nine kids. Lilly is the little one in back and basically an adopted Grandchild
All in all, a very good day.