All things considered, the project is going well.
First thing was to remove the prop, coupler, shaft seal, and shaft so a new shaft could be made. Everything went well. This was the first time I have removed the Autostream prop, it comes off in two pieces, pretty amazing piece of engineering. (the directions for reassembly are three pages long...LOL).
The new shaft & cutlass are in and look good. I ended up having a professional do it, I forgot that you have to put the shaft in then the cutlass due to the skeg/rudder, it was simpler to just have the mechanic do it since he had the proper tool and I have been a bit busy at work preparing for a competition at school
(BTW, Nelson Anderson, on site at Oak Harbor, he does excellent work.)
I was able to reuse the coupler and have cleaned and painted it. The tranny saver and PSS are in and awaiting install. The only hiccup has been the engine mounts. I had to reorder, the ones I received were incorrect.
Side Note: Initially I shopped at Toressens for the mounts/bushings using the part number from the engine manual. Then I Goggled the mount and found Bushings,Inc: manufacturer of bushings and marine engine mounts
, the manufacturer of the part. They recommended I purchase the bushings from gotomarine.com Quality marine products and boat parts
They were about $100.00 less each!
Both were selling the same units built by Bushings Inc. Ridiculous!!!
I have been prepping the bilge area around the shaft tube to be painted with Interlux Barrier Coat, I don't like Bilgekote.
Soooo, since I'm waiting on another set of mounts I have decided to start some new projects
The wife thinks I am nuts...removing the centerboard for some needed maintenance, filling and fairing some areas of the hull, re-rig mainsail reefing with new blocks, and the list goes on and on and on...