Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > On Board > Gear & Maintenance
 Not a Member? 
Old 04-13-2010

nika44 is on a distinguished road
Salon Table Extension

Hi, we have an 08 Beneteau 40 which has a salon table that is 45.5" wide, 36" deep and 1" thick. We'd like to get an extension that comes close to matching. My guess is cherry wood is what they used on the outer border with their new Mobi wood as the inset. I am looking for someone who could make the extension, 20" deep x 45.5" long and 1" thick. Most likely I will store it under a berth mattress and just get some legs to screw in when in use, when we have extra guests.

The layout of the boat has a bench seat on the port side that is about 18" away from the table right now. This extension would let us use that bench for seating. I'd be interested in any solutions any of you may have come up with for something like this. The dual legs pedestal/legs on the salon table would not allow for a leaf to be flipped underneath. It could be flipped diagonally until the legs stop it but that would interfere with sitting at the existing table when the leaf is not in use. Seems like something that fits under the V berth mattress, and has two legs that attach and some some of hardware to attach it to the existing table for stability may be our best bet.

I'd be interested in any suggestions for having it made or a solution to the problem. thanks

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook