Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > On Board > Gear & Maintenance
 Not a Member? 
Old 04-19-2010
Move over Joan Rivers!

deniseO30 will become famous soon enough deniseO30 will become famous soon enough
Johnson 9.9 long shaft!

Very long shaft! got one for $100 bucks! we cked spark, compression, it runs, elec starter works, doesn't pump water. will pull lower apart find what's wrong with the pump or impeller. Think I got a good deal! I may sell it or keep it as "insurance" should my Diesel die while on a trip. Tis a bit heavy (can't lift it alone) compared to the honda 28 lb, 2 hp I had.

my current "project"!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-19-2010
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Congrats... hope the water problem is just a bad impeller or something equally simple.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 04-20-2010
Move over Joan Rivers!

deniseO30 will become famous soon enough deniseO30 will become famous soon enough
I think it's going to be an ok outboard SD! There's is Garlick mount on my boat already. I just wonder about the weight hanging there when on a trip. On the other hand, it could be something to save the day on a trip! It's way too heavy to store away on the boat.

my current "project"!
Old 04-20-2010
Large Member

mdbee is on a distinguished road
Water flow

Checking the impeller would be a good thing on a used outboard but it also might just be a stopped up "pee hole." Lots of people tear down their outboard and replace the impeller and then realize they have a totally different problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by deniseO30 View Post
I think it's going to be an ok outboard SD! There's is Garlick mount on my boat already. I just wonder about the weight hanging there when on a trip. On the other hand, it could be something to save the day on a trip! It's way too heavy to store away on the boat.
Old 04-20-2010
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
just make sure the mount can handle the weight and power of the engine.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

Last edited by sailingdog; 04-20-2010 at 12:49 PM.
Old 04-20-2010

Alannc44 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailingdog View Post
just make sure the mount can hadle the weight and power of the engine.
Man, I had to read this thread just to see if it was of adult content. ;-)

Alan
Old 04-21-2010
Move over Joan Rivers!

slaps Alan

Well the impeller was only a hub.. no, none, nada vanes whatsoever! the battery charging circuit is amazing! I think I could run the most of the 12v stuff on the boat!

Wasn't too hard.. (had 2 guys helping me) It runs cold.. must be bad T-stat.

The Garlick mount on my boat is about a ft too high from the water line even with the long shaft. I have to think on this some.. I could sell it to feed my new sails fund. Or keep it as a back up. ( I like this idea) move the mount down lower. can't find the number on the mount but it looks like the one I had on my hunter 23 for 10 hp .Same as this one it seems to be.

my current "project"!

Last edited by deniseO30; 04-21-2010 at 04:36 PM.
Old 04-21-2010
Telstar 28

Considering what you said about powering certain devices with the 800 Watt generator... I don't blame Alan...

Telstar 28
New England

Old 04-21-2010
Move over Joan Rivers!

OMG SD I just realized that a "johnson" is something way shorter! Gad I'm red faced. LOL never thought about the pervs reading into the topic line LOL

my current "project"!
Old 04-21-2010
Telstar 28

ROFLMAO... I was wondering when you'd finally get the connection...
Quote:
Originally Posted by deniseO30 View Post
OMG SD I just realized that a "johnson" is something way shorter! Gad I'm red faced. LOL never thought about the pervs reading into the topic line LOL

Telstar 28
New England