SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

anchor locker drainage problem

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  jjablonowski 
#1 ·
It seems that part of my problem with of intrusion via the anchor locker was due to a cracked bronze pipe fitting that is supposed to hold the drain tube that exits water from the anchor locker out through the bow. In fact the crack severed the tube not leaving enough area to properly hold a new drain tube. I’ve attached a picture of the external rivet looking drain through hull that the cracked tube was attached to. (the gouges in the gel coat came with the boat)

Does anyone know what this part is called and how difficult and/or delicate of a procedure is involved in removing and replacing it?

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
What is access inside the boat to that area like. Ideally, you should replace the anchor locker drain and unless the bronze through-hull is in good shape, it should probably be replaced as well.

Posting photos of the anchor locker as well as the interior of the boat where the anchor locker drain and that through-hull are located would help.

#5 ·
Not knowing what your boat make or model is (you can put that info in your SailNet public profile, by the way), I'd hazard a guess that your cracked anchor-locker drainpipe is a straight line to the prow exit.

I'd re-line the pipe. Find a smaller-diameter copper tube or even plastic pipe; create a bell-shaped flange in one end; stick it into the drain hole in the anchor locker and caulk under the flange.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.