SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Tohatsu 6 hp spewing gasoline

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Hollen 
#1 ·
After I drain my carburetor, my engine runs for about 10 seconds and then dies. While it's running, gas spews every where. Is there an easy fix for this?

#2 ·
OB problems

I am sure you will have a lot of help with this but since I am up late I will tell you how I fixed the same problem. You have to take off the carburetor, remove the float bowl, remove the float and clean the pin (don't forget the hole it slides through). You will probably also find all of your jets plugged, for the same reason. This is all easy to do, the hard part is not dropping anything while doing it. The reason this happens is you didn't run your outboard dry of fuel the last time you ran it (or drained the float bowl with the drain plug). Fuel left standing in the bowl will solidify faster than you would imagine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.