SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Gear & Maintenance (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/gear-maintenance/)
-   -   Thinking about upgrading ST40 to Tacktick (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/gear-maintenance/65612-thinking-about-upgrading-st40-tacktick.html)

jslade8581 06-14-2010 08:57 PM

Thinking about upgrading ST40 to Tacktick

Before I jump into it, my specific problem is that the original install is Raymarine ST40 bidata display with transducers. I was considering an upgrade to Tacktick. The website says that it is "easy to set up, and in most cases, perfectly usable with your existing transducers." Does that include the ST40 transducers? Anyone have experience with this upgrade? :confused:

jslade8581 06-17-2010 11:31 AM

Well - in case anyone is interested, here's the answer (submitted in email chain format, read from bottom up). I just realized that this was my first thread - I'll have to post a proper introduction a little later. :)

>>>>
On Jun 16, 2010, at 1:24 PM, Helpdesk-Tacktick wrote:

Dear sir,
Thank you for your message.

Unfortunately, the housing on the Raymarine transducers is too short for Tacktick T911. How ever Raymarine ST40 transducers are compatible with our Hull transmitter.

Please don't hesitate to contact us again, if you have other questions.

With best regards,
Assi
Tacktick Support

On Jun 15, 2010, at 1:30 PM, Nick wrote:

Thank you for the reply. I guess I was looking for specific answers to these questions:

1. Do I simply insert the new Tack Tick transducers into the thru-hulls that currently house my Raymarine ST40 transducers?

2. Do I need anything special to make my current transducers work with Tack Tick equipment?

Thanks,
Nick

On Jun 15, 2010, at 11:58 AM, Helpdesk-Tacktick wrote:

Dear Sir,
Thank you for contacting Tacktick.

Raymarine Speed and Depth transducers are compatible with Tacktick equipments.

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have other questions.

With best regards,
Assi
Tacktick Support

watom 06-17-2010 01:20 PM

ST 40 to Tacktick

I had a B and G Hornet 40 system when I purchased the boat. Didn't work properly. Purchased a Tacktick system used the existing thru hull fitting for the dual transducer speed sending unit. Best purchase I have made for my boat yet. set up was almost flawless works great I have mounting brackets both on the helm and in the nav station just take the display wherever you need it. Solar everthing except the hull transmitter, the hull transmitter is still wireless to the display. Great system.

Faster 06-17-2010 01:22 PM

To clarify... are you talking about both depth and speed?

sailingdog 06-17-2010 01:40 PM

I'd point out that I used the Raymarine ST60 transducers with my TackTick system for the first season, since I didn't want to haul the boat mid-season to install the transducers. :D

What TackTick is saying is that your Raymarine ST40 transducers will work with the TackTick hull transmitter without modification. You could sell the TackTick transducers with the ST40 display heads as a complete outfit and not replace the transducers. I'd point out that all the transducers in question are actually made by AIRMAR. :D

jslade8581 06-18-2010 08:10 PM

I think my question is fully answered now (thanks sailingdog). But, yes, I have separate speed and depth transducers.

Thanks!

sailingdog 06-18-2010 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jslade8581 (Post 614652)
I think my question is fully answered now (thanks sailingdog). But, yes, I have separate speed and depth transducers.

Thanks!

Glad to help. :D