Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Hershey, PA / Middle River MD
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 9
I think my problem is "solved" - at least temporarily. I tried the vinegar (as suggested by Jabsco). After 24 hours, the back leakage seemed unchanged. While I was waiting, I took measurements for the changeover to the Raritan base. After 24 hours, I disconnected the toilet's discharge flange. The joker valve came right out. It was a little dirty and even perhaps a little deformed. I cleaned it up and put it back in. Removal, cleaning, and reassembly took about 5 minutes. That seemed to resolve the back leakage problem. Note – my holding tank has been flushed out several times and was empty so this was not a real “dirty” job. So I’m going to live with what I have for a while since none of the mounting holes or intake or discharge holes I currently have will fit the Raritan. The conversion will mean patching many of the existing holes and drilling new ones (in both fiberglass and teak bulkheads.