SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

volvo penta parts

4K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  sailnby 
#1 ·
I own a twenty year old Maxi with a MD5A Volvo diesal. Can anyone tell me of a good source for parts. I belive the water pump is due to be replaced.

#2 ·
Most Mercury dealers that I''ve dealt with also deal in Volvo parts.

I had an MD7A in my boat that I completely rebuilt before I realized that I really didn''t want an inboard. Volvo parts are expensive to say the least.

If memory serves, I think replaced the block pump with an after market pump from Jabsco.

Last I heard, that engine was still in service at a logging outfit somewhere in Maine.

#3 ·
I was looking for a stacked pump to fit my old volvo, as I was adding fresh water cooling to it. I found Marelco out of Seattle. They seem to stock any Johnson pump you''d need to fit any volvo engine. You can check them out at http://www.johnsonmarinepumps.com. Their service was excellent and delivery was fast.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.