SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Gear & Maintenance (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/gear-maintenance/)
-   -   OMC Saildrive Parts ARE Available (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/gear-maintenance/7074-omc-saildrive-parts-available.html)

kennethgelao 05-23-2003 06:00 AM

OMC Saildrive Parts ARE Available

Posted 5/23/03

To: All OMC Zephyr Saildrive Owners

It is time again to advise all owners that most parts for your old OMC Zephyr Saildrive ARE available.

Here is the scoop. Bombardier (www.bombardier.com) purchased OMC and maintains OMC parts inventory. Furthermore, some OMC parts are interchangeable with Johnson and Evinrude.

A good local dealer will do the leg work and find your parts for you. Don''t take no for an answer. Some local dealers are just too lazy to do the leg work and don''t make much money for the effort. The solution is to call Bombardier directly for pricing and location availability, then forward this information to your dealer as Bombardier will not sell directly to end users. When calling Bombardier, it helps to have your parts manual and part numbers available. If you don''t have a parts manual, Bombardier can sell you one.

As an end user, I''ve had great success in finding parts for my OMC Saildrive by calling Bombardier (Wisconsin & Canada) directly. Unfortunately, I have not had success with local dealers.

If this helps, please let me know as I can continue to post this info from time to time. kgelao@ibtechs.com

First24 10-17-2006 06:49 AM

Alternator for Saildrive

Hi There,

I have recently purchased a Beneteau First 24, fitted with a OMC Zephyr Saildrive (13S10). It seems there is no alternator fitted, and therefore I have no means to charging my battery system. Does one get an alternator for this motor, any alternative suggestions?

hjwalker 05-19-2007 07:26 AM

I have tried to call Bombardier Canada and got a run around. Where do you call in Canada. I need a motor to pate seal kit.

haffiman37 05-19-2007 08:13 AM

Any Evinrude/Johnson dealer should be able to help You.
Try posting at Marineengine.com.
Unfortunately that drive is not included in the online catalog at BPR. (evinrude.com)

timangiel 05-19-2007 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by First24
Hi There,

I have recently purchased a Beneteau First 24, fitted with a OMC Zephyr Saildrive (13S10). It seems there is no alternator fitted, and therefore I have no means to charging my battery system. Does one get an alternator for this motor, any alternative suggestions?

I believe those engines have a 5 amp flywheel alternator built into them and as an option you could get an external alternator driven by a belt on the flywheel which could deliver something like 30 amps. Your 5 amp alternator should provide some charging capabilty although I would agree that its not much capacity. There are a couple of fuses you may want to check if its not working.

trsdos 10-19-2008 10:41 AM

What about the OMC Saildrive mount assembly, that is the one part I can NOT find anywhere :(

outboardjack 10-26-2009 11:05 AM

OMC Zepher Sail Drive PARTS

Had a hard time finding parts but did in Houston TX
A Dealer called Stone & Sons Marine had a very good supply of parts.
GLT>

gatorsail 02-01-2010 10:28 PM

Saildrive Parts

The OMC Saildrive is really a 35 HP Evinrude that has been denuded. Any Evinrude dealership can get you the parts that you need. It is the same engine and parts. Crowley Marina also has the parts

tommays 02-02-2010 07:10 AM

While some OUTBOARD parts may allow the "same" function there not the SAME

The orginal saildrive fuel and electric parts were enclosed engine specfic

Tacklebd 05-04-2010 03:00 PM

if you have the part number, we can get it from one of our suppliers, try this site first, let me know the cross over number from you OME number (dead link deleted by tdw)
we have others but this one has done well for us for just about any make/model back to the 70's