Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Arnhem, The Netherlands
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
I am working on a way to be able to manufacture semi-custom replacement rudders kits that are to be fitted to the boats old rudder stock by the owner.
Would you be interested in purchasing a kit to replace an old blade with a new one?
I have nothing to sell at this moment but I am trying to find a way to measure interest.
The process will be something like this:
- Draw the outline of the rudder stock on to grid paper
- send pictures of this drawing by email, together with pictures of the old rudder
- With this data a new rudder blade will be milled from marine plywood or HD foam, a standard profile with a custom fit for the rudder stock
- The blade and stock will be bonded with slow curing epoxy
- finish the blade with epoxy and glass (optional for plywood)
Manufacturer of windvane self steering