Interior Upholstery - SailNet Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 02-24-2011 Thread Starter

Interior Upholstery

I am considering redoing the main salon of our 45 Foot 1996 Prout Catamaran.
The Ultraleather material costs $75/yard. We anticipate that it will require 30 yards. The boat is in Titusville,Fla undergoing repairs and we would like to get it done there. Does anyone have an idea what we should expect this to labor to cost?
Any suggestions?
Thanks
Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 02-24-2011

I used 30 yds to replace the cusions in my boat, cloth was about $30 IIRC, total cost was $10G "INCLUDING" the foam itself. I also did piping, buttons, curves foam which takes a bit to cut, well, not a lot, but some time none the less. I would think if you go pretty basic, 1500-3000 should cover the labor, again, depending upon options you want. Mine job/spec was certainly not basic in nature. In a nut shell, what and how you have it done will vary the cost.

Marty

She drives me boat,
I drives me dinghy!
post #3 of 5 Old 02-24-2011

Keith

Can you let me know where you decide to do this? I am possibly going to be getting mine done also and titusville is not far from me at all

GL with the refit!
post #4 of 5 Old 02-24-2011
Glad I found Sailnet

Marty,

Your interior must be absolutely beautiful. Can you post a picture or two for those of us with older interiors?

Regards,
Brad

Quote:
Originally Posted by blt2ski View Post
I used 30 yds to replace the cusions in my boat, cloth was about $30 IIRC, total cost was $10G "INCLUDING" the foam itself. I also did piping, buttons, curves foam which takes a bit to cut, well, not a lot, but some time none the less. I would think if you go pretty basic, 1500-3000 should cover the labor, again, depending upon options you want. Mine job/spec was certainly not basic in nature. In a nut shell, what and how you have it done will vary the cost.

Marty

Great minds discuss ideas;
Average minds discuss events;
Small minds discuss people.
The best minds discuss sailing (and a little bit of politics). I don't know why. It's a mystery!
post #5 of 5 Old 02-24-2011

Brad,

I can do a bit better, if you get Good Old boat, last july issue my boat was a review boat, here is a link to article
HERE is the how I did the aft state room redo, with a link at the bottom to the head area. I have pretty much redone everything in the boat the way the two articles show the what and how I did those area's. You can see the original cushion color etc in the last links.

Marty

She drives me boat,
I drives me dinghy!

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.