Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest Forums > Gear & Maintenance
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2011

Figjam is on a distinguished road
....to be clear I get perfect FM reception. That is what is so perplexing...i have to believe there is something that can be can be adjusted within the unit to fix this. I am also perplexed that while the customer service guy at Fusion was very polite and seemed to try to help, he acted as though this is an "out of the blue" sort of occurrence and one that he had never heard of happening. I have gone on the chat sites and find dozens of people with the same issue...just seems that the company would acknowledge the problem and come with a solution....
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-27-2011

casey1999 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Figjam View Post
....to be clear I get perfect FM reception. That is what is so perplexing...i have to believe there is something that can be can be adjusted within the unit to fix this. I am also perplexed that while the customer service guy at Fusion was very polite and seemed to try to help, he acted as though this is an "out of the blue" sort of occurrence and one that he had never heard of happening. I have gone on the chat sites and find dozens of people with the same issue...just seems that the company would acknowledge the problem and come with a solution....
If there is one, and there seems to be (see my post a few back), company probably does not want to spend the money to recall the defective units. the unit would be perfect if the sensitivity were better.
Old 06-22-2011

DaMfwic is on a distinguished road
2nd fusion marine radio that gets condensation behind the front glass?

Is anyone else experiencing this? I just purchase new boat with new marine radio (Fusion 600) and replaced, under warranty, the 1st fusion radio because of condensation. The 2nd Fusion unit was installed 2 weeks ago and when I was covering the boat this past Sunday, I noticed condensation behind the radio front glass again. What am I doing wrong?
Old 06-22-2011

PalmettoSailor will become famous soon enough
I saw the Fusion units at West Marine also and immediately discounted them as way overpriced for my needs.

I think I'm going to go with a Sony non marine unit from Crutchfield that has an internal drawer to hold your iPod. Clean and secure with no external wires and it keeps the iPod Charged. Its only $139 from Crutchfiled and in my experience Sony products have always met or exceeded my needs. There is a marinized version that West Marine sells for $199 (same as Crutchfield)if you think its worth $60 more.
Old 05-12-2012

luzum is on a distinguished road
Re: anyone have a Fusion marine stereo?

I replaced it with a new unit and it was just as bad, almost not usable in Huntington Harbor where a small portable fm radio works 10 times better. Just started using it again for start of season and it really ticks me off that they can provide a radio that functions at that price. I don't need ipod so I am just going to replace it with a standard radio. I know sometimes you get rough reception in the harbors but this one is terrible.