SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Depth transducer compatibility

9K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  HUGOSALT 
#1 ·
Hello,
I was wondering if depth sounder transducers are generally compatible with gauges across manufacturers or if they are manufacturer specific? They mostly appear to have similar physical connections (and one can always splice) but are they likely to cooperate across brands? Specifically I am considering using a humminbird gauge (can be had a good price) with my existing Standard Horizon transducer. Unfortunately, I can not find a replacement for my standard horizon and its LCD is badly sun damaged.

Thanks!

#3 ·
Airmar has a pretty comprehensive listing of transducers, incl wiring diagrams on their site. Often the issue is with the cable connectors which tend to be brand specific. There are also variances in the designed frequency.

Airmar Marine Home

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.