Just wanted to check in and thank everyone for the moral support leading up to the project. I got two coats applied today, and she looks like a new boat. It's nothing short of amazing.
I ended up using a solvent resistant mohair brush in a nap slightly finer than what Interlux called for. Why? Because it's what the chandlery had in stock and I didn't want to blow time driving elsewhere. The finish is certainly not gelcoat-smooth, but it's very, very nice compared to what I started with. I have no complaints.
It was a little tricky figuring out how thick to roll it on. I get the impression that Interlux wants it rolled on fairly heavy based on the number of coats they recommend and how far each batch went. Takes quite a bit of concentration to avoid sags at that level, but it is very do-able. My second coat was a day and night difference from the first. A nice quality of IP2k is that its thickness hides goofs very efficiently on subsequent coats.
There were ZERO issues with quick curing. I mixed up 50% of the product per batch and let it sit for the recommended 15-20 minutes to evacutate air bubbles. I'd occasionally see a little skim on the surface of the bucket's contents, but 10-15 seconds of swizzling dissolved that back into the soup.
One gallon of IP2k covered about 1-1/3 of my hull, so I think I'm going to end up over Interlux's recommended thickness. No harm done there.
Here she is at coat #2 where I left her this evening...
Tomorrow morning it's back out to the yard to finish up coats 3 & 4. If I'm lucky I may even get the new bow hatch installed while coat 3 dries. Whew!