Problems with SRC Tuff-coat inflatable paint supplier - warning - SailNet Community

   Search Sailnet:

 forums  store  


Quick Menu
Forums           
Articles          
Galleries        
Boat Reviews  
Classifieds     
Search SailNet 
Boat Search (new)

Shop the
SailNet Store
Anchor Locker
Boatbuilding & Repair
Charts
Clothing
Electrical
Electronics
Engine
Hatches and Portlights
Interior And Galley
Maintenance
Marine Electronics
Navigation
Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here






Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest Forums > Gear & Maintenance
 Not a Member? 
  #1  
Old 05-25-2011
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: San Francisco Bay area
Posts: 1,950
Thanks: 0
Thanked 23 Times in 23 Posts
Rep Power: 4
MarkSF is on a distinguished road
Problems with SRC Tuff-coat inflatable paint supplier - warning

I placed an order for some paint for my inflatable dinghy. I needed to contact them with a query. At that point I found out that the website has no company address, no phone number to call, just a messaging feature which goes unanswered. Is it too much to ask for a phone number I can call if I have a problem?

Last edited by MarkSF; 05-25-2011 at 02:11 PM. Reason: Changes
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #2  
Old 05-25-2011
Silvio's Avatar
Battered and Bruised
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 482
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Rep Power: 4
Silvio is on a distinguished road
Did you try pushing #-8-*-9-9-4 and saying "operator" while swinging from your spinnaker halyard off the starboard side?

These companies sometimes have some cryptic way to get past the messaging services
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #3  
Old 05-25-2011
erps's Avatar
the pointy end is the bow
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: La Conner, Washington
Posts: 6,064
Thanks: 1
Thanked 19 Times in 19 Posts
Rep Power: 9
erps will become famous soon enough erps will become famous soon enough
I ordered some of that stuff three or four years ago to try and get a few more years out of a low end West Marine dink. It looked nice for a while, but then soon started rubbing off. I don't think I would go that route again. No advice on trying to get in touch though.
__________________
Ray
S.V. Nikko
1983 Fraser 41
La Conner, WA


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Boating for over 25 years, some of them successfully.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #4  
Old 05-25-2011
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
tuffguy is on a distinguished road
Reply to Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkSF View Post
I placed an order for some paint for my inflatable dinghy. I needed to contact them with a query. At that point I found out that the website has no company address, no phone number to call, just a messaging feature which goes unanswered. Is it too much to ask for a phone number I can call if I have a problem?
There are a number of resellers online- our website has phone number, address and no message function so not us -

What can we do to help you with the product?


Michael - 650 993 1000
This site won't allow me to post links so email but please add periods instead of spaces

www tuffcoat us and
mfry@synergy ca


Michael Fry
Managing Director
Synergy Research Corp.
TuffCoat Advanced Coatings
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #5  
Old 05-25-2011
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: San Francisco Bay area
Posts: 1,950
Thanks: 0
Thanked 23 Times in 23 Posts
Rep Power: 4
MarkSF is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffguy View Post
There are a number of resellers online- our website has phone number, address and no message function so not us -

What can we do to help you with the product?


Michael - 650 993 1000
This site won't allow me to post links so email but please add periods instead of spaces

www tuffcoat us and
mfry@synergy ca


Michael Fry
Managing Director
Synergy Research Corp.
TuffCoat Advanced Coatings
I went through a website, www tuff-coat com. Is it not the offical one? It sure had me fooled. It's the no.1 search result in Google if you search on
"Tuff Coat Inflatable Boat Paint".

It does not contain a phone number or address. If you click on contact us you just get an option to send a message, which is then not returned.

What I would like is for a human being to respond to my messages about my order, that's all.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #6  
Old 05-25-2011
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
tuffguy is on a distinguished road
TuffCoat

Again Mark - that is not our site - people and companys can not control who registers names and url's similar to theirs - they buy product from us and resell it I gave you our website in my last post and my email - just missing the periods because the sailnet web would not allow me to post links please just email me your question and I will answer it.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #7  
Old 05-25-2011
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: San Francisco Bay area
Posts: 1,950
Thanks: 0
Thanked 23 Times in 23 Posts
Rep Power: 4
MarkSF is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffguy View Post
Again Mark - that is not our site - people and companys can not control who registers names and url's similar to theirs - they buy product from us and resell it I gave you our website in my last post and my email - just missing the periods because the sailnet web would not allow me to post links please just email me your question and I will answer it.
Thanks for the contact info but at this stage my question is entirely about shipping not a technical one so I'll keep trying to get in touch with those guys.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #8  
Old 05-25-2011
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
tuffguy is on a distinguished road
Tuffcoat

if you give me your order number I will get you tracking number as I probably have a little more clout - but just remember we care and always take care of our customers
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

 
Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may post attachments
You may edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bottom paint over Gel Coat without Barrier Coat? WagTheDog Gear & Maintenance 17 07-15-2012 07:33 AM
Barrier Coat & Antifouling paint shipley Gear & Maintenance 7 08-09-2009 09:18 AM
Paint Build-up or Barrier Coat? cas8100 Gear & Maintenance 29 05-09-2008 11:25 AM
deck paint... or gel coat... sailhog Gear & Maintenance 7 12-31-2007 06:09 PM
Tuff Coat Inflatable ecgossett Gear & Maintenance 2 08-14-2007 12:19 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:13 PM.

Add to My Yahoo!         
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
(c) Marine.com LLC 2000-2012