Rig Rite - SailNet Community
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 05-25-2011 Thread Starter

Rig Rite

I was looking for parts for my mast on my 75 Tartan 30. Just by chance I contacted Tartan in Ohio to see if they could point me in the right direction. I thought they did when they told me Rig Rite in Rhode Island stocks parts for spars and rigging. So I went to there Website (rigrite.com) and thought I hit jackpot! They showed all kinds of parts for older boats as well as new ones. I searched there website to find the mast and components I needed. All was too good to be true. Then I called them. They said they even had the parts in stock!! A week later I recieved the parts I ordered, well turns out they were nott he correct part (hinged sailgate) . Either miss marked or just sent the wrong part. So I contacted them. They said I have the right parts, So I explained its not the same as whats on my boat. So I sent the part back with pictures on my mast and even sent them my old sailgate. Figured this was a no brainer. They could look at my part walk over to the shelves and see what one matches my part. This proved to me to much for them to handle. The weeks turned into month and still no answer. Evertime I call they tell me " No haven't had a chance to figure it out yet" I ask them when they could get to it and they say " Don't KNow" They have one of those elaberate phone system, you know, press 1 for this, 2 for that, then 1 again to this. They person that answers is alway the same person, Sales, Customer service, Tech help, Order staus, ect. Its always the same lady with a smart ass attitude. So today I finally had enough, I called them again and asked for my parts back and the part I originally ordered, Figured its not a perfect fit but I can grind and modify it to work. When I called them she then acted like I have never talked with her, or maybe she has forgot about the weekly emails and weekly calls that I have had with them. Then she said she was going to charge me a 20% restocking fee since I am exchangeing the part! I'm not exchanging, just asking for the original part I ordered plus my parts I sent them. So then I ask to speed to a manager or owner, then she said the is the owner. I really have no idea how they stay in business. And its a shame that they have avalible all these parts but yet have no interest in getting the correct parts to the customer. I Have never had such a bad experience with purchasing anything. The owner has such a smugg
F-off attitude I truely dont know why they are in business. I would even understand a bad day, but I have called them atleast 6 times and always get the same attitude. I wish I was in a financial situation to purchase the company. What a great resource for the sailing community, but its in the wrong hands. So if you need a part, and if your Local to them in Rhode Island and can go and pick up the part there, that may be ok. But if you need to order them, beware. Unfortunetly I have not been able to find any other company that sells those parts.
Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 08-11-2011

Sorry for resurrecting this but this company is a joke. After waiting for 4 weeks for parts that I was told would be ready in 2 I called and they told me no ETA, sorry...really? I cancelled my order, but funny thing is, they didn't even asked me for my info!!!! she didn't even care that I was cancelling it. The lady that answers the phone needs so much customer service training.

Please do yourself a favor and avoid this company!
Abe
post #3 of 12 Old 08-11-2011
Old as Dirt!

Rig-Rite has been a supplier of last resort for a very long time.

"It is not so much for its beauty that the sea makes a claim upon men's hearts, as for that subtle something, that quality of air, that emanation from the waves, that so wonderfully renews a weary spirit."

post #4 of 12 Old 08-11-2011

Sparcraft

Google sparcraft or charleston spar. Have the model numbers from the rigrite site. Try their oceans series for a match.

I have no affiliation. Let us know if this works.

Good Winds
DaveM
post #5 of 12 Old 08-11-2011
Seņor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by svHyLyte View Post
Rig-Rite has been a supplier of last resort for a very long time.
All too true, but if you have Isomat spars they're the only game in town for OEM repair parts.
post #6 of 12 Old 08-11-2011
Courtney the Dancer

I have ordered, and received, parts from them with no trouble. Sounds like that is the exception.

John
SV Laurie Anne

1988 Brewer 40 Pilothouse

post #7 of 12 Old 08-11-2016

Re: Rig Rite

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30Tartan281 View Post
I was looking for parts for my mast on my 75 Tartan 30. Just by chance I contacted Tartan in Ohio to see if they could point me in the right direction. I thought they did when they told me Rig Rite in Rhode Island stocks parts for spars and rigging. So I went to there Website (rigrite.com) and thought I hit jackpot! They showed all kinds of parts for older boats as well as new ones. I searched there website to find the mast and components I needed. All was too good to be true. Then I called them. They said they even had the parts in stock!! A week later I recieved the parts I ordered, well turns out they were nott he correct part (hinged sailgate) . Either miss marked or just sent the wrong part. So I contacted them. They said I have the right parts, So I explained its not the same as whats on my boat. So I sent the part back with pictures on my mast and even sent them my old sailgate. Figured this was a no brainer. They could look at my part walk over to the shelves and see what one matches my part. This proved to me to much for them to handle. The weeks turned into month and still no answer. Evertime I call they tell me " No haven't had a chance to figure it out yet" I ask them when they could get to it and they say " Don't KNow" They have one of those elaberate phone system, you know, press 1 for this, 2 for that, then 1 again to this. They person that answers is alway the same person, Sales, Customer service, Tech help, Order staus, ect. Its always the same lady with a smart ass attitude. So today I finally had enough, I called them again and asked for my parts back and the part I originally ordered, Figured its not a perfect fit but I can grind and modify it to work. When I called them she then acted like I have never talked with her, or maybe she has forgot about the weekly emails and weekly calls that I have had with them. Then she said she was going to charge me a 20% restocking fee since I am exchangeing the part! I'm not exchanging, just asking for the original part I ordered plus my parts I sent them. So then I ask to speed to a manager or owner, then she said the is the owner. I really have no idea how they stay in business. And its a shame that they have avalible all these parts but yet have no interest in getting the correct parts to the customer. I Have never had such a bad experience with purchasing anything. The owner has such a smugg
F-off attitude I truely dont know why they are in business. I would even understand a bad day, but I have called them atleast 6 times and always get the same attitude. I wish I was in a financial situation to purchase the company. What a great resource for the sailing community, but its in the wrong hands. So if you need a part, and if your Local to them in Rhode Island and can go and pick up the part there, that may be ok. But if you need to order them, beware. Unfortunetly I have not been able to find any other company that sells those parts.
I also have had problems with Rig Rite - they say they had items in stock which they did not have The order was placed on the basis they would be shipped immediately, that was the end of July now I will not get them till October. They lied to me and were totally unsympathetic I won't be dealing with them again.
Paul
post #8 of 12 Old 08-11-2016

An old thread but a timeless topic.

I called yesterday and also reached a rather disinterested woman. The need was for new pawls for an old Merriman winch; the kit is 4 square-stock pawls and 3 springs: $89. I asked if she was sure that was correct and she said yes, do I want them. The moment I said No, she hung up.

Nice.
post #9 of 12 Old 08-11-2016
4KSB driver.

I dunno 4 or 5 ticked off customers in 5 years? Sounds to me like record customer service... just saying.

1983 WD Schock Wavelength 24. Production boat limit tester, blue-water bucket owner, with wine taste on a beer budget.
post #10 of 12 Old 08-11-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by shnool View Post
i dunno 4 or 5 ticked off customers in 5 years? Sounds to me like record customer service... Just saying.
not

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.