SailNet Community

SailNet Community (
-   Gear & Maintenance (
-   -   Whaddya call...? (

junkrig 06-26-2011 02:45 PM

Whaddya call...?
What do you call the gizmo that fastens flat to the deck, a line runs through it, and you press down on a lever to clamp the line in place?
(if you think this is bad, about half the time I can't remember the word "windlass"):o

proflyer 06-26-2011 02:53 PM

I call it a clutch

SlowButSteady 06-26-2011 03:22 PM

Rope clutch or line stopper.

junkrig 06-26-2011 04:18 PM

Thanks to both of you.

jackdale 06-26-2011 06:35 PM

Rope clutch or sheet stopper

Sheet Stoppers & Rope Clutches

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:04 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
(c) LLC 2000-2012

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome