SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Managing / Supporting Hoses

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  cghubbell 
#1 ·
At this point I have developed a wealth of tricks for managing, protecting, and supporting wires as they snake their way around my boat. However, I'm now looking at the need to support two different bilge pump hoses where they exit the bilge and climb the hull to the loop, and then on to the through hull.

Are there ABYC best practices, or other recommendations on proper guidelines for hose "retention" devices? For some reason I'm not too keen on using zip ties with wire management clips; Seems like i ought to be using something more heavy duty.

Would appreciate tips / thoughts / or best yet - pictures!

Thanks in advance,
Chris

#3 ·
Thanks Brian,

Those look much better than zip ties, and they look like somethign I can pick up at a local hardware store. I had been thinking I'd end up with some form of Epoxy & wood to make it happen. I can screw to the bulkhead where the hose exits the bilge and heads up, but the horizontal span from the bulkhead to the aft through-hull is going to need something added to the hull so a screw can bite.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.