Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > On Board > Gear & Maintenance
 Not a Member? 
Old 09-04-2011

Cruiser2B is on a distinguished road
Jacklines

I am in the process of setting up jacklines on my Alberg 30. I am going to use 1" tublar webbing. I want to keep them as close to centerline as possible. Was wondering if anyone out there had pics of their setup they would like to share?

I am thinking of running a jackline in each side the starts with a large heavy duty collapsible d-ring in cockpit the runs forward on each side to a large sampson post i have mounted about 2ft from the bow. the large d ring in the cockpit would anchor both port and starboard jackline as i only see one jackline being used at a time(singlehanding) as would the samson post at the bow.

Just trying to see how others are setup. All pics are appreciated.

Thanks SN
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-04-2011

imagine2frolic is on a distinguished road
The flatter the jackline. The less likely of your foot rolling it, and slipping. I would also run them along the toe rail. Use the windward side, so there is less chance of going over the lifelines. Shorten the tether also. I would rather drag it along than go over !.......i2f

BORROWED, No single one of us is as smart as all of us!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-04-2011

marianclaire is on a distinguished road
I run mine from eye bolts on each side of the companionway to the Sampson post close to the bow. As Frolic says use a short leash. I have two on my harness. A short, 2 foot and a long 5 foot. I combine the two for moving around the cockpit. My thoughts are to stay ON the boat not just attached to it. Dan S/V Marian Claire
Old 09-04-2011

CapnRon47 is on a distinguished road
I use flat webbing and criss cross them in front of the mast. I lead them from the outside base of my traveller, which is above the campanionway, to the fwd cleats. By criss crossing them they stay inside the handrails on the cabintop and are not underfoot, that also keeps me on the boat as my tethers are 5'. Yet I can get all the way to the bow, I just may need to clip on and off as I reach the fwd cleats. I can tether while still inside the cockpit before I leave, so this arrangement is not for being tethered in the cockpit. I use this arrangement for solo day sailing in coastal waters, so it is really only there for when I need to go forward to raise/drop/reef sails.

Tags
alberg , jackline , mounting