Join Date: Sep 2011
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
First Boat Qs - Beneteau FIRST35.7
I am buying a 1993 Beneteau FIRST 35.7. She has been on the hard for 14 months+ and needs a few things. Will be doing the work myself.
1. Stanchions rebedded?
- Need any diagrams or schematics or video on "How To" or Step by Step?
- What is best bedding material?
2. Bottom Job?
- Keel needs some of the packing replaced (does not leak). What to use - what is there is white and no paint on? How to finish?
- Will brite white keel and what is best paint and # of coats for keel?
- How do I get paint all over the bottom of the keel while on the jack stands and blocks?
- Not sure what kind of paint is on the bottom and owner not much help, so how to determine what kind of paint is on the bottom? .
- What is the best paint for a boat in Central Florida that plans to winter in the Carribean and summer in the upper Cheasapeake, then Central Florida the rest of the time?
- Number of coats? Plan the carpet clean bottom and debarnacle quarterly to monthly depending on build up.
- This may be a dumb Q but never dealt with - How to get coats of paint under jack stands?
- Best tape to use - Blue, Green or ??
3. Looking for any info on this boat - manuals, schematics, etc