SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Gear & Maintenance (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/gear-maintenance/)
-   -   Winter Special for Sailnet Members. (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/gear-maintenance/80671-winter-special-sailnet-members.html)

CharlieCobra 11-11-2011 08:38 AM

Winter Special for Sailnet Members.

Ok, sent an email to SN staff and never heard back. If they don't like this they can nuke it but I figure it's time to try and give back a bit to the members in the area.

For those members in need of work on their boats but distressed at the hourly rates out there, some help is here in Bellingham. Our normal shop rate is $80.00 per hour for two guys, not one. Basically you get each billed hour at $40 per.

For the remainder of this year, any registered Sailnet Forum Member gets a special labor rate of $32.00 per billed man hour for work on their boat. Parts and materials are cost (our cost not retail) plus 10%. No charges for guys standing around or hunting for tools either. We don't play that game.

If you're in the neighborhood and considering having some work done, think about a nice little trip to Bellingham. Besides, it's a very cool town with excellent restaurants and breweries.

PM me or see our website for details.

carl762 11-11-2011 01:10 PM

Great deal. I just wish you were here in Portland. :(

arf145 11-11-2011 01:30 PM

Given the rates around here, Charlie, not to mention the work I'm sure your guys do, I'd almost consider moving to your area for that!

CharlieCobra 11-12-2011 02:39 AM

Thanks...

centaursailor 11-12-2011 10:50 AM

Feckin great offer, pity its not Bellingham, Co Louth.
Safe sailing

djodenda 11-12-2011 11:18 AM

I'd just like to say that Baggett and Sons did a keel rebedding, water heater installation, stanchion base replacement, and other work on my boat last year.

The work was done properly and on time. They charged me only for time working on the boat, and were in frequent contact with me as the job progressed.

I would go back to them if I had similar work in the future.

However, I don't have any work, since my bilge is dry and my water is hot!

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or would like to discuss my experience personally.

David

JohnRPollard 11-12-2011 03:37 PM

Charlie,

Man I wish you were on the Chesapeake! Those are great rates you're offering.

Also, before anyone grouses about Charlie's "ad", he has been a paying advertiser here on Sailnet so he is in a bit of a grey area and as far as I'm concerned and unless management says otherwise this post is fine.

Barquito 11-12-2011 04:30 PM

If this is an offer for SN members only, and is discounted enough that there is no profit then it is more philanthropy than advertising.

CharlieCobra 02-22-2012 01:21 PM

It's on SN and a couple of other sailing forums only. Yep, it's kind of skinny but it got 4 boats in during our dead time. If that's what it takes to keep the doors open, that's what we'll do.

CharlieCobra 02-22-2012 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carl762 (Post 795922)
Great deal. I just wish you were here in Portland. :(

Hah! We've got a guy hauling his boat from Chicago for this deal... Portland ain't that far away...:laugher